This website is dedicated to NXT Improved Firmware.
NXT Improved Firmware aims to build an open source community around the original firmware for the LEGO® Mindstorm NXT. This includes:
- provide easy access to source code,
- list exactly what changes have been made, why and when (this is actually a requirement of the LEGO® open source license),
- centralise improvements done by different contributors, whereas making forking easy,
- try to explain firmware architecture to help newcomers,
- document how to build the firmware,
- provide a way to build the firmware using free software (GCC).
LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
How to use this wiki?
This wiki is powered by ikiwiki.
You are encouraged to make changes, you just have to register or login using an already existing OpenID compatible account.
In the future, it will also be used for bugs reports and todo lists.
All wikis are supposed to have a SandBox, so this one does too.